Diarrhea is a very painful disease I know because I myself suffered from this disease, OMG that was an unforgettable experience of my life. A painful experience which I never experience before and don’t want to experience again never ever in life. If you don’t know about this severe disease so continue your reading to know more about Causes of Diarrhea symptoms and medicine
What Is Diarrhea?
- Diarrhea is the frequent passage of loose, watery, soft stools with or without abdominal bloating, pressure, and cramps commonly referred to as gas or flatulence.
- Diarrhea is usually an acute disease associated with the passage of frequent liquid stools or having more stools per day than is normal for that person. When diarrhea persists for more than 14 days, then it is known as chronic diarrhea.
- Treatment of diarrhea depends upon the cause of the loose stools, as well as the patient’s general health.
The diarrheal disease continues to be a leading cause of mortality in children younger than 5 years. Nearly 1.9 million children die annually from diarrheal disease, accounting for 19% of all deaths in this age group. This global burden of diarrheal disease disproportionately affects developing regions, largely because of the lack of safe water and basic sanitation. Drinking untreated water from these primary sources may result in infection and additional transmission. Thus, inadequate sanitation, unsafe water sources, and rainfall may have interdependent effects on diarrhea.
The literature on rainfall and diarrhea pays little attention to the use of improved water and sanitation. Additionally, there is large variability in the way that rainfall has been captured. It may be for these reasons that the relationship between rainfall and diarrhea remains unclear.
Causes of Diarrhea symptoms and medicine
Frequent watery stool, urgency, and incontinence, lower abdominal pain or cramping, loss of appetite, weight loss and dryness of mouth are the common symptom associated with diarrhea.
Watery stools happen due to toxin secretion by some bacteria. Enterotoxigenic E. coli, V: cholera and some other bacteria produce toxins that alter epithelial cell function. These toxins reduce the absorption of sodium by the villi and may increase the secretion of chloride in the crypts, causing secretion of water and electrolytes. Recovery occurs when the affected cells are replaced by healthy ones after 2-4 days.
Blood in stools is due to the mucosal invasion. E. coli and Salmonella can cause bloody diarrhea by invading and destroying mucosal epithelial cells.
Preventive measures to be taken during Monsoons
1. Drink boiled water.
2. Wash your hands before you eat.
3. Avoid outside food and go for homemade hygienic food.
4. Do take shower if you get wet to protect from bacteria.
5. Eat well cleaned and washed vegetables.
6. Avoid Left food.
Drugs Used to Treat Diarrhea
- Imodium A-D
- atropine / diphenoxylate
- fr prevention we should use Ayurveda for treatment because you should know Why one should say no to Allopathic medicines and adopt Ayurveda
Diet Plan for loose motions
Firstly I recommend you to drink plenty of water because when you go for the flesh, again and again, it decreases the level of water in your body. During loose motion water also comes out with your fecal matter so it can cause deficiency of water in the body. If the water gets deficient in your body so try to use ORS water which will fulfill your body needs. For eating, I am SUGGESTING YOU EAT LIGHT FOOD BUT THAT DOES’T MEAN STOP EATING FOOD TAKE you’re EVER MEAL. In most cases, diarrhea can be treated at home and it will resolve itself in a few days. Drink plenty of fluids, and follow the “BRAT” diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast) to help ease symptoms.
these are some drugs used to treat diarrhea but before using it consult doctors. this is all about the Causes of Diarrhea symptoms and medicine in our blog. thanks for reading and any of your friends want this crucial knowledge so don’t be late to share this with them.