OMG Facts About Our Body
OMG Facts About Our Body : Brain
- May after reading this fact you will stat thinking about your skull so the fact is that your skull is made up of 29 different bones.
- Now I am going to tell you one thing that may you dont know about your brain is that the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body and vice versa.
- The brain uses 25% of the oxygen by the human body.
- The brain of a newborn baby is about three ounces and that of an adult is three pounds. The brain send message to all other parts , and now get ready to take a shock that it works at a speed of 240 miles per pounds.
- A newborn baby has 300 bones which later fuse to form the final 206 in the adult. as we all know about the largest bone of our body is femur or the thigh bone and the smallest bone is stirrup (in the ear) which is around 1/10 of an inch. Is you know this thing about your hand that it has 24 bones, out of which 8 are in the wrist , 5 in the palm and 14 in the fingers.
- Our each eye weighs around 5/4 ounces. They are constantly in motion even while sleeping. The constant eye movement while sleeping is called REM or Rapid Eye Movement.
- Most people blink about 17,000 times a day.
- It is difficult to sneeze with your open eyes
- We all cry many times in our whole lifespan but we didn’t know from where these tears come from so the tears are secreted through two canals near the inner corners of the eyes.
- Eyelashes last about 150 days.
- The only part of the body that has no blood supply is the cornea of the eye. It receives oxygen directly from the air.
OMG Facts About Our Body : Skin
- We have around six pounds of skin in our bodies. The two layers of skin are the epidermis and underneath is dermis. It protects our body and helps to regulate our body temperature. Melaini is the substance present in the skin which colours the skin. More melanin means the darker skin.
- Let’s come and talk something about our nose so, Our nose can recognise around 1000 different smells. Now I will tell you a funny thing that it is the air- conditioning unit of our body. It cools or warms the incoming air. It also filter dirt and dust in the air.
- NOW upcoming fact is the father of fact this is an OMG Facts About Our Body, after this fact you will start respecting your nose that around 2500 gallons of air flow through an adult’s nose each day.
- Everyone’s tongue print is different.
- If your mouth was completely dry, you would not be able to distinguish the taste of anything.
- It takes approximately 12 hours for food to get entirely digested
- We have around 650 muscles in our body. The strongest one is the heart. The largest one is the gluteus maximus or buttock. The smallest one is located in our middle ear.
- Muscles are also a main part of our body but our fingers do not have any muscles, Ohh my finger’s bad luck.
- There are 500 muscles in the human body. It accounts for 40% of our body weight.